Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kim Fuglsang

Team Leader
Age: 52
Vocations: Managing Director of the Fuglsang Malting and Brewery
Home: Haderslev, Denmark
Civil status: Married to Lene
Children: Three sons Nicolai (22), Oscar (20) and Victor (17)
Hobby: Sailing, rowing, singing



I grew up in Haderslev, Denmark. The school years were passed at our local German School. In our Capital, Copenhagen, I then was an apprentice in an international shipping company, studied international business and finally worked for a Scandinavian Supermarket Chain for 11 years in Copenhagen, California and Spain. Since my family roots are in the southern province of Jutland, very near to Germany, my wife and I returned to my home country Haderslev in 1993. Here our three sons grew up too.


Today I work in our family business, the Fuglsang Brewery and Malting. Although most of my time is spent at work, Rotary is also very important to me. Several years I have been responsible for a Short-Term-Summer Camp, where 10 young Europeans spend 2 weeks sailing on Denmark’s oldest wooden sailing ship.


My family spends weekends at our summer house on an island in the Baltic Sea. I like sailing and taking a hike in the beautiful nature. Also occasionally I do rowing on the lake we have in our town.


In wintertime, when it is cold and dark, I enjoy singing in a classical choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment